Douglas Street in Noble Park
The newly established Douglas Street service is bursting with excitement and potential. Many participants are engaging activities for the first time including using public transport to explore local suburbs and taking day trips to Melbourne to visit attractions such as the Melbourne Museum. The small size of the service and its superb location has created a unique opportunity for some people to independently walk to the local shops for personal shopping and we are already seeing natural community relationships emerge.
The services on offer at Douglas Street include:
- Men’s Shed
- literacy and numeracy training
- use of public transport/travel training
- community based courses
- volunteering for the local council
- personal shopping
The best things about Douglas Street are:
- the location – we are situated in the main shopping strip of Noble Park!
- we promote opportunities for individuals to link into their local community
- there is great access to public transport – we are close to the Noble Park train station and bus stops
- we are within walking distance of the swimming pool and Paddy Donoghue community centre
- we have fully accessible toilets including change table and hoists
- our entry is secure
- we have very modern amenities as this a brand new facility.
Get in touch!
Shop 2, 31 Douglas Street
Noble Park Vic 3174
call: 1800 274 343